Thursday, February 7, 2013

Forced Vacation

So, after my son's birthday party on Friday (pictures of which are on my Facebook page), which unfortunately my mother-in-law had to miss due to an illness, I took the kids and went up to my parents' to give Tim time to work on the house.

As usual I had a wonderful time visiting. We did some really productive shopping during which I picked up things for Finn's 'daycare' at home. We also got to go up to Ithaca on Monday and visit with Uncle Jon and had a lovely meal out.

Monday evening when I spoke with my husband (Tim) he told me that he had been feeling tired and achy all day (red flag!). So I insisted he check his temperature, "yes dear, right now. I'll wait." Wouldn't you know it, he had a fever. So I postponed my return. He went to the doctor and was told that he has the flu. I am so grateful that he got sick while I was out of town with the kids!

On the one hand I wish I could be there to take care of him, but on the other neither of my kids nor I have gotten the flu shot this year (due mostly to Tim's dislike of vaccinations). I can't imagine how bad it would have been if we had been home and Alice had gotten sick. A fever at her age is just downright dangerous!

Where does this leave me? I'm on a forced extended vacation at my parents'. I'm still working regular shifts in the evenings and working on a little crafting. Fortunately I brought my crochet afghan, a sweater I'm knitting, and a cross stitch kit with me. If I finish anything I'll post here, but otherwise I won't have too much worth posting.

I hope I'll be home soon, but the nurse I spoke with told me to wait until Tim was feeling completely better, and he's just not there yet, even with the Tamiflu. I can't imagine what I would have done if my parents weren't so kind as to let me stay as long an necessary. It's so great to have such a wonderful loving family.

No comments:

Post a Comment